5 Interesting Things Your Home Says About You
Have you ever walked into a new friend’s house and realised upon taking in your surroundings that there were so many things you didn’t know about that person? Guilty. Since we inject our humble abode with a feeling of comfort that’s personal to us, it no doubt also says a lot about who we are as individuals. Reader’s Digest Best Health agrees, and just rounded up some on-point things our homes reveal about us:
1. If you are outgoing: Colour pros say you can judge whether people are extroverted based on their front door: Red means you are bold and outgoing, blue says you are relaxed, green says you are more traditional, and black means you are quiet.
2. How type A you are: Ironically, if your sock drawer is messy, it’s likely you are type A. According to experts, individuals who are highly organised don’t waste time keeping little things in order.
3. If you’re a millennial: If you have framed selfies of yourself on display, you are likely a millennial, since older generations found this is poor taste.
4. If you like your job: A survey discovered that those who made their beds in the morning felt more fulfilled at work.
5. If you suffer from anxiety: If you don’t have any clutter anywhere—not even under your bed or in your closet—chances are you’re harboring some anxiety. Scientists suggest this is because those who experience anxiety try to control other things in their lives.
If your home is due for an update, shop our favourite statement pieces and tell us: What does your place say about you?