5 Reasons You Should Experience Bondi’s Sculpture by the Sea
Over the past 19 years, Sculpture by the Sea has grown from a humble one-day event into an impressive 18-day exhibition featuring over 100 sculptures by artists from Australia and across the world. The spectacular seaside art showpiece has become an annual tradition for Sydneysiders and kicks off tomorrow. The coastline between Bondi and Tamarama and will welcome approximately 500,000 visitors on the two kilometre long scenic pilgrimage. If you need further convincing to attend the picturesque art display, see below five excellent reason to head East over the next couple of weeks.
1. It is one of the world's largest free-to-the-public events— you have to agree it’s even more enjoyable when there’s no entry fee, right?
2. The Bondi to Tamarama coastline is one of the most scenic costal walks in the world—it’s worth experiencing even without the sculptures.
3. The sculptures are created and installed by top and emerging local and international artists and constantly push the boundaries year after year. See for yourself by checking out last year’s incredible works.
4. It is an event that cannot be replicated anywhere else in the world. Instant win!
5. The Grounds is once again setting up a pop-up café in Mark’s Park—introducing The Grounds by the Sea. Drop in for their notoriously good coffee and fresh food in a stunning location—and if that’s as far as you make it, that’s good enough for us.
The Bondi Sculpture by the Sea exhibition runs from 22 October - 8 November 2015.
Will you be checking out Sculptures by the Sea? Tell us in the comments below!