Crowd-Pleasing Cocktails You Can Make in Under 2 Minutes
Entertaining season is here, and that means cocktail season—chink! While you may usually be inclined to leave the cocktail making to your friend who has as a bar cart stocked with spirits, a fridge full of mixers, or a bowl brimming with fruit, get ready to make a change. This year is all about the simple, fuss-free (but equally delicious) classic cocktails that can be made by any mixing novice, and served to satisfied guests in a hot second.
In addition to these 18 cocktails that require only two ingredients and these 8 delicious holiday-inspired cocktails that we’ll be whipping up this party season, we’re also adding these 7 crowd-pleasing cocktails that can be made in under two minutes (yes, really) to the top of our recipe list. Read on to find out how you can become the hostess with the mostess before your guests even walk through the door.
2 oz Vodka
3 oz Ginger Beer
Juice from half a lime
Mix in a highball tumbler.
The Cocktail Studio
1.5 oz Citrus vodka
1 oz Cointreau
0.5 oz Fresh lime juice
1 or 2 dashes Cranberry juice
1. Add all the ingredients to a shaker and fill with ice.
2. Shake, and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
3. Garnish with a flamed orange peel or lime wedge.
1 part vermouth
5 part Bombay Sapphire gin
Ice (for mixing)
To garnish: Green olive or lemon rind
1. Chill your cocktail glass (the easiest way is to fill it with ice).
2. Add plenty of ice and the vermouth to your shaker/stirring glass and stir to make sure the ice is coated with vermouth, then use your strainer to pour away the excess.
3. Add the Bombay Sapphire to the shaker/stirring glass and stir the mixture for about 30 seconds to chill and dilute.
4. Strain into the chilled cocktail glass and garnish with either a twist of lemon peel or some green olives. If you’re using olives, try to use ones that aren’t oily.
Courtesy of Waiting on Martha
30ml soda water
Garnish, orange wedge
1. Build all ingredients over ice in a wine glass or short glass.
2. For a nice touch use a soda siphon for the soda water.
2 parts rye whiskey
½ part Martini Rosso
To garnish: A lemon twist or a maraschino cherry
Optional: 1 dash Angostura Bitters
1. Chill your glass (the easiest way is to fill it with ice).
2. Add all of the ingredients to a shaker/stirring glass containing plenty of ice and stir gently for around 30 seconds to a minute.
3. Strain the mixture into the glass and garnish with a lemon twist or cherry.