Add These 5 Skills to Your LinkedIn Profile to Land a High-Paying Job
Searching for a new job can be a daunting task, but if you've been toying with the prospect of switching roles, there's a simple place to start: updating your LinkedIn profile. A whopping 87% of recruiters admit using the career network to find the perfect candidate, so carefully wording your profile is crucial.
The World Economic Forum recently polled 350 executives across nine industries, and their latest report, The Future of Jobs, offers insight into the most in-demand skills recruiters are likely looking for. According to Inc., these will be the most desirable skills in the years to come, so now's the time to build them if you don't already possess them.
It's time to update your LinkedIn profile—start with these five in-demand career skills:
- Complex problem-solving: The report shows that 36% of all jobs across all industries will require this core skill by 2020.
- Critical thinking: "As automation increases, the need for humans who can employ logic and reasoning increases," Inc. explains.
- Creativity: This skill has risen from 10th on the list in 2015 to number three.
- People management: This skill is considered particularly crucial for managers in the media and energy industries.
- Coordinating with others: Another social skill, this involves "being able to collaborate, adjust in relation to others, and be sensitive to the needs of others," says Inc.
Ready to rewrite your LinkedIn profile? Here's how to go about it.