Easy DIYs That Instantly Upgrade Your Kitchen
Just because a full renovation is out of your budget doesn't mean you have to live with a kitchen you don't love. There are plenty of easy and affordable updates you can do yourself that will give your space a fresh, new feel. If you're in desperate need of an upgrade, look no further than Popular Mechanics' recent guide to nine easy kitchen DIYs that will take the area up a notch. We're sharing a few of our favourite updates from the article below.
- Highlight your kitchen's backsplash. Though it looks lovely, tiling your space is not only time-consuming but can be a painful process (one misplaced piece can throw everything off!). Instead, take the easy way out by applying peel-and-stick tile-patterned paper. It achieves the same expensive look without all the hassle.
- Fool everyone with a new faucet. Since the sink is often the focal point of your kitchen, upgrading your old faucet with a shiny new stainless steel one will fool everyone into thinking you gave the whole space a revamp.
- Coat your cabinets. Painting your cabinets a clean white or another pretty hue is the easiest way to accomplish the full face-lift feel without actually spending the time and money to do it.
- Light it up. Installing under-cabinet lighting will make your space much lighter and brighter. Since this lighting scheme is not typically a feature in older kitchens, the subtle spotlights achieve an updated look.
- Take seating seriously. Your kitchen chairs set the tone for the rest of the room. Take the time to find the perfect patterned seating or bright, interesting bar stools that will boost the décor element of the overall space.
Which upgrade could your kitchen use? If you're not a fan of DIYs, investing in some sleek, new glassware like these cool tumblers is another easy way to give your kitchen a super-simple update.