March 12, 2014Everyday
7 Weird Americanisms We Learned From IKEA
- Only 1% want their home to reflect how successful they have been.
- 62% say they control the remote over their significant other, children, friends, or others.
- 43% state they have assigned seating in their living room.
- 52% of households allow phone calls and/or texting during dinner.
- 31% sleep with their cat or dog under the covers.
- 54% use the space under their bed as extra storage.
- Women spend more time enjoying their outdoor living areas than men do.