How to Create the Most Motivating Office Playlist
Mastering an office playlist is important business—we want to feel upbeat, inspired, and motivated all day every day and the music we listen to can be a huge player in creating positive workplace vibes. Spotify's playlist curator has shared with us her expert tips for creating the best office playlist and the top songs that are a must for the track list. Read on if you want to contend for employee of the month.
1. Keep the mood up with upbeat, fun songs.
2. Have a mix of familiar songs that people will recognise (and even sing along to sometimes) and new songs that will keep things interesting.
3. Include a mix of genres to cater to all tastes.
4. Include some funny songs to inject some "work" themed fun into the mix.
5. Spread the hits out so people can focus when they need to and have a little pick me up throughout the day, otherwise the office might just turn into a karaoke bar.
Top office songs
- Foals 'My Number' —cool upbeat indie song that's hard not to love.
- Justin Bieber 'Sorry'—hottest song on the planet right now. Most people converted to #beliebers with this track and it's a good office pick me up.
- The Rolling Stones 'Start Me Up' —classic crowd pleaser for all ages.
- Marcus Marr & Chet Faker 'The Trouble With Us'—has the dance at the desk kind of vibes.
- Major Lazer 'Lean On'—biggest song of last year and is still big. All the happy feels.
- Mark Ronson 'Uptown Funk'—all ages crowd pleaser—our folks even dig this track.
- Kiiara 'Gold' —buzz track at the moment—a good mood booster for the cool kids.