13 Ways to Practice Self Care This Weekend, Without Spending a Cent
The idea of self care can sometimes feel a little enigmatic. It’s a nice idea, but practically incorporating it into our jam-packed schedules makes it a little harder to grasp. But now, after finding inspiration from an article on Girlboss, we figured the weekend is the perfect time to try out some simple, relaxing rituals.
While massages, facials, and of course a mani-pedi combo seem like obvious ways to take a moment to pause, those tried-and-tested pastimes require a significant cut of your pay cheque. So, if you too are feeling a little cash-strapped, we’ve thought up 13 ideas that won’t cost a cent.
- Take a detour from your usual route and go for a scenic walk.
- Write down a list of things you are grateful for on.
- Download a free meditation app and practice five minutes of mindfulness.
- Sit by yourself with a cup of tea, on your couch, and do nothing else.
- Wake up early and watch the sunrise with your SO.
- Give yourself a mini facial using the products you already own.
- Indulge in a midday nap, without any guilt.
- Take excerpts from your favourite books and write them down in one place.
- Call a friend you haven’t spoken to in a while.
- Go to your favourite local beach for a sunset swim, or just enjoy the ocean view.
- Take a bath with Epsom salts.
- Look up yoga stretch tutorials and allocate some time to try them before bed.
- Read an article on a topic you are passionate about or would like to know more about.