The First 9 Things Flight Attendants Notice About You When You Board a Plane
Sure, opening an airline credit card or using your points can help you secure a free flight upgrade. But as Business Insider reports, making a good impression on the flight attendants can substantially increase your chances. Armed with this knowledge, a Quora user asked experienced flight attendants what they notice about passengers as they board the plane. While plenty of current and former flight attendants offered their answers, user Shreyas P., who has been a flight attendant on five different major airlines, summed up the gist of their answers nicely. This is what a flight attendant takes note of as you board a plane:
1. What you're wearing.
2. What kind of bags you're carrying.
3. If you're travelling alone or with someone.
4. How patient you are while waiting in the long line during boarding.
5. If you're intoxicated.
6. If you're a frequent traveller.
7. What kind of book you're carrying or reading.
8. If you give a helping hand to those in need.
9. If you're carrying food with you.
Simply put, they attempt to determine whether or not you're an experienced, well-mannered traveller. User Kimberly Sullivan, a flight attendant of 24 years, echoed this sentiment, adding that she always notices dress, body language, and temperament: "We can also detect if they are experienced customers by the way they board the plane. If they are holding up the aisle and have tunnel vision, we know they are rookie travellers."
Head over to the Quora thread for more insight.