How to DIY a Bar Cart for Just $60!
Beverly Hills-based entertaining expert Kelly Lee of Kelly Golightly teams up with DIY queen Kristen Turner of Miss Kris to transform a $30 changing table into a sophisticated bar cart for grown-up, glamorous entertaining.
Sure, you could use a baby-changing table for, well, a baby, but my cohort-in-chic Kristen Turner had something else in mind: booze! I don’t know about you, but I’ll drink to that. Here, she shares two incredibly easy steps to transform a $30 IKEA changing table into a stylish bar cart fit for fabulous fêtes. The best part: The entire project will cost you less than $60—really! Here’s how ...
• 1 changing table
• 50 mirrored tiles (per shelf)
• 2 bottles of high-gloss acrylic craft paint
• 1 bottle of strong-hold glue
• 1 paint brush
1. Paint wooden parts of table and allow to dry.
2. Place and glue mirror tiles in rows on each shelf (second shelf optional).
1. Beautiful bottles. Put out your most beautiful bottles and decanters to up the glam factor.
2. Glamorous glassware. This is the place to showcase your best vintage or new glassware.