How to Vacation Like a Millionaire Without Spending Like One
Instagram stars have perfected the luxury hotel humble brag. Pictures of bloggers submerged in a claw-foot bathtub, lounging in a disheveled four-poster bed, or staring thoughtfully out an ornate window to spectacular city views all subtly hint at the five-star digs they stay in.
If that world seems like a distant reality, a new report by Hotels.com has found a way to indulge your five-star sensibility—without spending big. Research found that the average hotel room has risen 3% globally from 2013 to 2014, but that a few travel destinations remain surprisingly affordable.
Asian destinations buck the global trend to offer some of the biggest savings. In Europe, trading a vacation in Paris for Prague could save you hundreds of dollars, Travel and Leisure suggest. These are the best destinations that offer a millionaire-worthy hotel experience for a fraction of the price:
1. Bangkok: The capital of Thailand saw a steep decline in high-end hotel prices. The average five-star suite costs just $241 per night.
2. Budapest: Jet to Hungary, where luxury hotels cost around $268 per night.
3. Warsaw: Poland had the cheapest hotel rooms in Europe. The average exclusive hotel charges $138 per night.
4. Istanbul: Hotels.com estimate a luxe hotel costs $267 per night in the Turkish capital.
5. Delhi: Delhi was among the most affordable vacation destinations. On average, a hotel costs $228 per night.