6 Rules for Hosting (and Attending!) Pool Parties
’Tis the season for pool parties, and if you’re planning on hosting one this summer or have a few to attend on your calendar, we recommend you take some advice from Bon Appétit’s editor in chief, Adam Rapoport, who recently discussed the dos of pool parties. We couldn’t agree with Rapoport more, so without further adieu, here are his rules for the perfect pool party.
- If you’ve got a great house and an amazing pool, host a pool party. If your friend who has a great house and amazing pool invites you to a pool party, say yes. The answer is always yes!
- No glass around the pool, especially if kids are involved. So stock up on canned beers and Solo cups.
- Don’t show up empty-handed. Bring a 12-pack of the aforementioned canned beer or make your famous pasta salad with pesto.
- Guacamole is a must. Who doesn’t love chips and dip?
- Get in the water. Rapoport says “none of that ‘Oh, I forgot my suit’ nonsense. It’s a pool party, not a patio party; get in the water.”
- Make no-nonsense, diner-style burgers with the best ground chuck you can afford and American cheese.
Are you hosting a pool party this summer? What are your must-dos?