How to Simplify Your Life in 10 Easy Steps
It’s 2016 and chances are you’re living a complicated life. You’re always busy, have a job that keeps you on top of emails 24/7, and a social calendar that’s jam-packed. There’s practically no down time to your life, but if you’re like me, you’re desperately craving a little simplicity. If you’re wondering how you can make your life simpler, you’re in luck: a recent Inc. article broaches the subject. Here’s how they recommend we all make our lives a little simpler.
- Simplify your meals. There’s nothing wrong with having a banana smoothie or avocado toast everyday for breakfast. Not having to decide what to have for breakfast (or lunch) will leave you more time to deal with what is really important.
- Clean out your house, once a year. Apply Marie Kondo’s philosophy to everything you own: if it no longer sparks joy, get rid of it.
- Be present in the moment. Focusing on the task at hand will make you happier and more centered. Even if you’re just washing the dishes, if you’re paying attention to those dishes you will become more calm.
- Use the calendar on your smartphone. Not even the best personal assistants can remember everything! Use your smartphone’s calendar as a reminder and mental checklist.
- Learn to say no. You can’t do everything, so only agree to do something if it’s a priority you have time for.
- Arrive for your flight two hours ahead of time. Arriving early to the airport will eliminate stress. If you’re a frequent traveler that could potentially reduce a lot of stress!
- Unsubscribe to all the junk mail in your email. Use a website likeUnroll.me and it will be done in a matter of minutes.
- Create an exercise routine. Exercise is good for you, so pick a workout you like and stick with it. For maximum benefits, make it a part of your daily routine and don’t skip it.
- Use the 10-year test. When you’re dealing with any sort of crisis (work, personal, relationship), ask yourself: will this matter in one year, five years, or 10 years? If you answer no, stop stressing about it immediately.
- Learn to let go and to move on. You can’t change the past. Fretting about it does not make your life simpler, but letting it go and moving on will.
Simplify your breakfast routine by having a smoothie—made in a NutriBullet—every morning.
What steps are you taking to make your life more simple?