Job Hunting? Ask These Intelligent Questions in Your Next Job Interview
When you plan for a job interview, it’s highly likely you solely prepare your well-curated responses to your potential employer’s questions. This is crucial, but it’s also important to remember that a job interview is a two-way street—you want to make sure that the job is right for you just as much as you are for the employer—which is why you should come prepared with some questions of your own. Thankfully, Business Insider Australia has done the work for us and has listed the most suitable questions to ask at the end of an interview.
“The very process of asking questions completely changes the dynamic of the interview and the hiring manager’s perception of you,” Teri Hockett, chief executive of What’s For Work?, a career site for women told Business Insider Australia. “Asking questions also gives you the opportunity to discover details that you might not have otherwise unveiled.”
You never know, a simple question could just land you your dream job. The key? Ensuring your questions are intelligent, relevant, and purposeful. Scroll down for the questions that will impress your interviewer.
1. Who do you think would be the ideal candidate for this position, and how do I compare?
2. How has this position evolved?
3. Who do you consider your major competitors? How are you better?
4. How would you describe the company’s culture?
5. Do you have any hesitations about my qualifications?
6. What do you like most about working for this company?
7. How would you score the company on living up to its core values? What’s the one thing you’re working on to improve?
8. What are the challenges of this position?
9. If you were to hire me, what might I expect in a typical day?
10. What have past employees done to succeed in this position?
11. What type of employee tends to succeed here? What qualities are the most important for doing well and advancing at the firm?