This Healthy Dinner Idea Requires Almost No Preparation
The Endless Meal
Easy, quick, minimal prep, and delicious are the exact qualities we look for in a weeknight dinner and it’s possible that we may have just found the ultimate version of this. Introducing, the whole-roasted cauliflower with sesame and ginger. The recipe, created by The Endless Meal, consists of just one whole cauliflower that is marinated in tasty Asian flavours such as miso paste, sesame oil, ginger, and chilli garlic sauce and is roasted until crispy and brown. It’s pretty enough to serve at a dinner party, but simple enough to make post-work—and believe us when we say it tastes as good as it looks. Scroll down to learn how to make your new favourite dinner.
Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Sesame and Ginger
1 large head of cauliflower
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 tablespoon grape seed oil
1 tablespoon brown miso paste (see note)
1 tablespoon Chinese chilli garlic sauce
1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
For garnish: sliced green onions, toasted white and black sesame seeds, sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 210C.
2. Cut the leaves and stem off the cauliflower so that it sits flat.
3. In a small bowl mix the sesame and grape seed oils, the miso paste, Chinese chili garlic sauce and the ginger. Using your hands rub the mix over the cauliflower, making sure you get it everywhere, even the bottom.
4. Roast the cauliflower in the oven for 44-50 minutes, or until it is soft and brown. Remove the cauliflower from the oven and season with sea salt and sprinkle the green onions and toasted sesame seeds over before serving.
- Make sure the whole head of cauliflower is coated liberally in oil. The oil will help the cauliflower to brown and become extra delicious.
- Don’t take the cauliflower out of the oven until it is dark brown and charred in spots. The dark spots are where all the flavour is.
- Make sure to season well with sea salt. There’s tons of flavour here, and the salt helps coax it out.
- This cauliflower has just a little touch of heat. Feel free to add some chillies or extra Chinese garlic chilli sauce if you’d like more of a bite.
What is your easy dinner go-to? Share your recipes with us below!