The Restaurant-Worthy Pizza Recipe You Can Make at Home
As the brisk weather continues to grace us with its presence, we love nothing more than quiet nights rugged up in front of a crackling open fire, a glass of red in hand, and a homemade pizza cooking in the oven. To make these nights even better, The Woollahra Hotel has shared with us its famous prosciutto pizza recipe so your winter nights in are not only warm and cosy, but also restaurant-quality. If every night looked like this, we’d happily let the cooler temperatures settle in for good. Scroll on for arguably the most delicious pizza recipe you’ll ever try.
20g yeast fresh
100ml olive oil
100g diced mozzarella
100g pizza sauce
20ml olive oil
1g sea salt flakes
30g cherry tomatoes
50g buffalina mozarella
- Combine the cold water and yeast in a bowl.
- Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Add the yeast mixture and the oil at the end
- Mix until ready.
- Roll into ball and rest.
- Make your dough 1-2 days prior, ball up and put in the fridge. Take out of fridge approximately two hours before using.
- Using flour, open up the dough and stretch the balls to a 15 inch diameter using your hand, working in a circular motion. You can use a rolling pin if you are not confident with your hands.
- Once your dough is stretched, add toppings. Start with sauce, then cheese and top with ingredients.
- Place onto a pizza stone and cook in the oven at 220C degrees or higher for 8–12 mins—you will be able to see a nice golden colour on the crust when it’s ready.
- Cut into 6 slices using a pizza cutter or sharp knife.
- Top with shaved prosciutto and fresh rocket.
Shop our pizza-making essentials below.