Forget Pastels—This Is the Next Big Colour Trend, Says Pantone
It's only been a matter of months since Pantone crowned "greenery" as the 2017 colour of the year, but it seems like the colour authority has swiftly moved on. According to Elle Decor, the 2018 colour forecast is here—and it could signal the end of a major trend.
Pantone Colour Institute Executive Director Leatrice Eiseman reveals pastels might be on the way out. "Intense colours seem to be a natural application of our intense lifestyles and thought processes these days," she said at the International Home + Housewares Show, noting that bright yellow, lime, and saturated tones are on the rise.
These eight colour palettes should be on your radar now, says Pantone.
Courtesy of Pantone
- Resourceful: Blues, oranges, and contrasting warm, and cool tones
- Verdure: Berry, eggshell, and celery green
- Playful: Yellow, lime green, and sunny hues
- Discretion: Rose pink, elderberry, and subtle colours
- Far-Fetched: Blush, yellow, and earthy hues
- Intricacy: Neutral metallics with berry red and yellow
- Intensity: Saturated hues balanced with black and gold
- TECH-nique: Turquoise, pink, and purple
Which Pantone colour palette would you try at home?