These Are the 10 Highest-Paid Female CEOs—and Their Salaries
It should come as no surprise that women are at the helm of some of the most successful and lucrative corporations you can name—because Beyoncé said it best: "Who runs the world? Girls." And if you're curious as to how they rank salary-wise, Inc.com recently revealed the list of the highest-paid female CEOs, as calculated by the executive data firm Equilar and The Associated Press. Though she took a 15 per cent decrease in pay, Yahoo's Marissa Mayer repeats as this years number one ranked CEO with a salary of $36 million USD. See who else made the top 10, and find out who got a raise—and who did not.
2. Indra Nooyi of PepsiCo: $22.2 million USD (up 16 per cent).
3. Phebe Novakovic of General Dynamics: $20.4 millionUSD (up 8 per cent).
4. Marillyn Hewson of Lockheed Martin: $20.2 million USD (up 13 per cent).
5. Virginia Rometty of International Business Machines: $19.8 million USD (up 10 per cent).
6. Mary Dillon of ULTA Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance: $18.6 million USD (up 200 per cent).
7. Irene Rosenfeld of Mondelez International: $18.3 million USD (up 15 per cent).
8. Heather Bresch of Mylan: $18.2 million USD (down 25 per cent).
9. Carol Meyrowitz of TJX Companies: $18 million USD (down 23 per cent).
10. Meg Whitman of HP: $17.1 million USD (down 13 per cent).
Are you surprised a certain CEO did or did not make this list? You'll need a place to store all of your hard-earned funds when you become a CEO yourself, so purchase a new wallet from Saint Laurent in preparation.