13 Ways to Practice Self Care This Season, Without Spending a Cent
The idea of self-care can sometimes feel a little enigmatic. It’s a nice idea, but practically incorporating it into our already full day makes it a little harder to grasp. But now, after finding inspiration from an article on Girlboss, we figured that as the year draws to a close, it seems like the perfect time to try and add simple rituals into our routine.
While massages, facials, and of course a mani-pedi combo seem like obvious ways to take a moment to pause, those tried-and-tested pastimes require a significant cut of your pay cheque. So, if you too are feeling a little cash-strapped, we’ve thought up 13 ideas that won’t cost a cent.
- Take a detour after work and go for a scenic walk.
- Write down a list of things you are grateful for on your morning commute.
- Download a free meditation app and practice five minutes of mindfulness.
- Sit by yourself with a cup of tea, on your couch, and do nothing else.
- Wake up early and watch the sunrise with your SO.
- Give yourself a mini facial using the products you already own.
- Indulge in a midday nap on the weekend.
- Take excerpts from your favourite books and write them down in one place.
- Call a friend you haven’t spoken to in a while.
- Go to your favourite local beach for a sunset swim.
- Take a bath with Epsom salts.
- Look up yoga stretch tutorials and allocate some time to try them before bed.
- Read an article on a topic you are passionate about or would like to know more about.