10 Science-Backed New Year's Resolutions You Will Actually Stick To
New Year's resolutions shouldn't require a complete overhaul of your lifestyle—if anything, focusing on small, actionable habits you can realistically stick to will help you more in the long run. On that note, we've combed through the countless lessons we've learned in 2016, many of which double as simple, practical New Year's resolutions for 2017. Here are 10 small changes to make in the New Year for a happier, healthier, and more productive life, inside the office and out:
1. Load up on fresh fruits and veggies instead of juicing.
2. Get rid of your standing desk, and walk around the office every 30 minutes instead.
3. Spend your money on experiences instead of things, like visiting the up-and-coming destinations of 2017.
4. Opt for vodka, club soda, and lime instead of sugary mixed drinks while out.
5. Read, write, or work out after work instead of staring at your phone or laptop screen.
6. Focus on one item on your to-do list at a time instead of multitasking—you'll be more productive in the end.
7. If the 2016 election taught us anything, it's how to diffuse arguments instead of instigating them—keep up the good work in 2017.
8. Learn how to "talk back" to your brain in order to defeat laziness for good.
9. Perfect your end-of-day routine by writing a to-do list, organising your desk, and reviewing all you've accomplished.
10. Stop overthinking everything by getting your thoughts down on paper or distracting your mind with physical exercise.
What are your New Year's resolutions for 2017? Share them with us below!