7 Surprising Fun Facts About Coffee
Coffee. I drink it every day, but when I think about it, I really don’t know that much about coffee. How about you? Do you know anything about the daily morning drink of most of Australia? Let’s learn about it together. A recent Harper’s Bazaar article highlights nine fascinating facts about coffee. I list them out below.
- Most energy drinks don't contain as much caffeine as a Starbucks coffee. A grande coffee from the mega-chain has 300 milligrams of caffeine. A 16-ounce Monster has half of that.
- It's really easy to get low-key addicted to coffee. Do you get a headache if you don’t have you’re daily latte? As little as 100 milligrams of caffeine daily can cause an adult to be addicted.
- Coffee works crazy fast. It only takes 10 minutes for the caffeine to kick in.
- Coffee beans aren’t actually beans! They are the pit of a coffee fruit.
- The first webcam ever was invented because of coffee. In 1991 at the University of Cambridge in England, people were sick of walking to the kitchen to get coffee only to find that the pot was empty. They created a webcam that streamed the state of the coffee pot on a black and white window that users could check throughout the day. Funny, right?!
- The US consumes the most coffee per year. Every day, Americans consume 400 million cups of coffee, which is 146 billion cups of coffee per year.
- Coffee works best if you drink it between 9:30 and 11:30 am. This is when the hormones that control your inner clock begin to drop. Caffeine interacts with these hormones and makes you feel more awake.
Invest in a Nespresso and you can make frothy cappuccinos in the comforts of your own home.
What’s your coffee drink of choice?