3 Clean Eating Recipes That Pinterest Users Are Obsessed With
While we'll never tire of our favourite comfort foods, January serves as a much-needed ending point for the debauchery and decadence of the holiday season. Unsurprisingly, Pinterest users follow suit, with searches turning from holiday cookies and hearty Crock-Pot meals to clean eating recipes and 30-day health challenges. In the name of wiping your palate clean in 2017, we scoured the sharing site for popular, delicious, and clean recipes to try in the new year. With over 600,000 re-pins between them, these three clean eating recipes, from Gimme Delicious, Cooking Classy, and Dinner at the Zoo, definitely fit the bill. Keep scrolling to learn how to make them in your kitchen.
One-Pan Roasted Chicken and Veggies
2 medium chicken breasts, chopped
1 cup bell pepper, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
1 cup broccoli florets
1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped or plum/grape
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp. paprika (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 260 degrees celcius.
2. Chop all the veggies into large pieces. On another cutting board, chop chicken into cubes.
3. Place the chicken and veggies in a medium roasting dish or sheet pan. Add the olive oil, salt and pepper, Italian seasoning, and paprika. Toss to combine.
For the full recipe, head over to Gimme Delicious Food.
Grilled Corriander-Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa
4 chicken boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 tbsp. lime zest
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for brushing grill
1 1/2 tsp. honey
1/3 cup chopped corriander, plus more for serving
3 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 medium avocados (ripe but semi-firm), diced
2 medium Roma tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup chopped red onion, rinsed under cool water to remove harsh bite
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
1. Place chicken on a cutting board, cover with a sheet of plastic wrap and pound thicker parts of chicken to an even thickness. Transfer chicken to a resealable plastic bag.
2. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together lime zest, lime juice, olive oil, honey, cilantro, 3 cloves minced garlic, and season with 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper. 3. Pour marinade mixture over chicken in bag. Seal bag while pressing air out, and then rub marinade over chicken.
4. Allow to rest in refrigerator 2 to 4 hours (rotating bag to opposite side and moving chicken around halfway through to ensure it's evenly marinating).
For the full recipe, head over to Cooking Classy.
Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1-inch pieces
1 tbsp. + 1 tsp. vegetable oil
2 cups small broccoli florets
1 cup sliced mushrooms (if you don't like mushrooms you can add more broccoli instead).
2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/4 cup oyster sauce
1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth or water
1 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
1 tsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. cornstarch
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat 1 tsp. of oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the broccoli and mushrooms, and cook for approximately 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
2. Add the ginger and garlic to the pan, and cook for 30 seconds more.
3. Remove the vegetables from the pan; place them on a plate and cover. Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel, and turn the heat to high. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil.
For the full recipe, head over to Dinner at the Zoo.
What clean recipes are you trying out this month? Share your recommendations below!