How to Create Your Best Christmas Table Setting Yet
Christmas is the perfect occasion to dust off your finest glassware, table linens, and silverware to create a beautiful table setting to host your family and friends—and to display all your hard work in the kitchen! MyDomaine Australia's contributor and renowned stylist, Jason Grant, lets us in on his secrets to creating a dreamy (and practical) table setting. The key? Be organised and have a plan. Scroll down and you’ll be well on your way to making your tablescape one to remember this Christmas.
1. Pick a colour palette—try avoid too many colours try to stick to no more than three.
2. Keep it simple—don’t crowd the table, make sure there is room to serve and for your guests to have a conversation.
3. Create different heights—add flowers and some found branches for added dimension.
4. Have a theme—it helps pull everything together—it can be as simple or as specific as you want. This year I have created a white Christmas by the sea.
5. Layer the table—use placemats, table runners, and linen to add interest to a table without overcomplicating things.
6. Personalise your table—place settings and make your guests feel really welcome.
9. Lastly treat yourself—use your best glasses, serving ware, cutlery and plate-ware. Christmas is that special once-a-year event to show off all the finer details!
Wedgwood Vera Wang Wedgwood Duchesse Encore Crystal Flute Set 2 ($129)