The 3 Trendiest Halloween Cocktails of 2016, According to Pinterest
No Halloween party is complete without a few spooky cocktails to add to the ambiance. Whether you're going for Halloween punch bowls or tracking down a specific cocktail recipe, it's that time of the year to break out the apple cinnamon, blackberries, and, if you're feeling adventurous, dry ice. With the sheer amount of cocktail recipes out there, we reached out to Pinterest to see exactly which seasonal concoctions pinners are loving for Halloween 2016. Pins from Wicked Spatula, Lil' Luna, and Self Proclaimed Foodie stood out the most, both in terms of creativity and taste. Grab your cocktail shaker and try your hand at any of the three Halloween drinks below:
Smoking Blackberry Sage Margarita
- 100% agave silver tequila
- Lemon juice
- Fresh sage leaves
- Maple syrup
- Orange bitters
- Garnish (optional): Dried sage leaves, blackberries, dry ice
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the blackberries and sage together until fragrant.
- Add tequila, lemon juice, bitters, and maple syrup. Shake up the mixture, and pour over dry or regular ice. If using the dried sage instead of the dry ice, light the tip on fire before serving.
For the full recipe, head over to Wicked Spatula.
Jiggly Jello Candy Corns
- White layer: Water, Knox gelatin, sweetened condensed milk
- Orange layer: Water, Knox gelatin, orange-flavored Jell-O
- Yellow layer: Water, Know gelatin, lemon-flavored Jell-O
- Alcohol of choice (optional)
- Prepare cone-shaped paper cups by placing in top of mason jars. Spray the inside of each cone with oil and set them on a baking sheet.
- In a small saucepan, combine water and gelatin. Rest for 1–2 minutes. Turn on heat to low, and heat until gelatin has fully dissolved. Turn off the heat, and stir in sweetened condensed milk. Fill the paper cups with one teaspoon of the mixture and set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set.
For the full recipe, head over to Self Proclaimed Foodie.
- Lime sherbet
- Ginger ale, chilled
- Pineapple juice
- Green food colouring (to make more vibrant if desired)
- Sliced limes for garnish
- Gummy worms
- Add ginger ale and pineapple juice to pitcher or punch bowl (add food colouring now if desired).
- Spoon sherbet in right before serving and slowly mix to create foam.
- Garnish with fresh limes and gummy worms.
For the full recipe, head over to Lil' Luna.
What's your favourite Halloween cocktail this year? Share your pick below!